Tuesday, July 29, 2008

humility vs. arrogance

The eternal struggle in this realm not just this profession is the balancing act that is in perpetual play. I honestly believe and subscribe to the notion that life is fluid. The only visual I can evoke is that of the proverbial circle. Cyclic experiences.

I've recently encountered the extreme imposition of being subjected to verbal tirades from ne'er do wells, under achievers and just plain nuts. Thus, the dilemma. Does one address it equally venomous or the other option, the embrace of compassion?

My resolve is to render to the music the best I can. After all it's supposed to be the total purpose of my endeavor. Yet, the man within wants to correct the errant behavior of some whom I don't even consider peers. What to do? to be continued,

No comments: