Monday, November 9, 2009

Searching the canvas

The landscape of the art world as well as the social strata keeps shifting. It's almost like the axiom of whether the egg or the chicken came first. Life imitates art is a thought, though not a good one. We have seemed to be healing due to new blood in the political realm. Finally the hope that the elected remembers who actually got them in their positions. Much too often politics are reflective of theater not reality. The music scene is also theater in a very base manner. The so called stars are manufactured, not authentic. Self praise is the constant hum. "Look at me" is the banner. So I often find myself searching for that fresh canvas to express what I see and hear. So i've decided to make this one of my crucial to do things in 2010. I'm hoping that others do the same. Without this as a goal life won't just imitate art, it will imitate itself.

No comments: