Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still enjoy the stillness

It's been a minute since the last blog. The preparations and marathon hours in studio gives me a welcomed sense of the surreal. There's a refuge I look forward to when I play. It's a personal experience in the lack of ritual and repetition. The newer cats have been weened on software. Correction in it's intent but highly depended on as a substitute for the actual effort. Sadly it's the order of the day. I'm usually tuned into the music from all over. Your ear has to go beyond your zip code. Older cats seem to entrench themselves on what they know also. I actually equate it to painting or sculpture. The organic relationship between artist and the rendition is the high. I'm a junkie for the high of playing an instrument. You don't have to be good, just be present. LOL

No comments: